Wildlife Center of Silicon Valley Internship Program
Are you interested in a career in wildlife, biology or animal sciences? Looking for an interesting way to hone your skills and gain experience this Spring and Summer?
Look no further than WCSV’s Summer Internship Program! We are currently accepting applications and need people like you!
Interns are responsible for providing care to the orphaned, sick and injured wildlife admitted to WCSV. Interns will get to experience the examination process of incoming wildlife, learn different treatment techniques, capture and release wildlife, learn different husbandry requirements for the many different species WCSV receives, and assists WCSV’s staff in training new volunteers. Interns will also have an opportunity to learn different diagnostic techniques such as avian and mammal fecal testing and blood work.
- This unpaid internship is a minimum commitment of 20 hours per week for three months.
- You are at least 16 years old.
- You attend one Orientation and one Introduction to Wildlife Rehabilitation class.
- You work within the Center’s guidelines.
- You begin with the knowledge that WCSV is a wildlife hospital, with the goal of successfully releasing our wild patients.
- You should be willing to work hard, have fun and learn a lot!
- Send a cover letter, resume and references to our Volunteer Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please, NO phone calls regarding the status of your application.
- If selected, WCSV will contact you for an interview. You will need to provide us with a potential start date and end date at the time of your interview.
- Once you are accepted, WCSV will contact you and sign you up for two required training classes: Orientation and Introduction to Wildlife Rehabilitation.
- After you have successfully completed the required training classes, we will add you to the animal care schedule.
Spring/Summer: April- September (start date is flexible). Application Deadline: February 28, 2017
Fall/Winter: October- January.