How You Can Help
There are many ways you can make a difference for our local wildlife.
- Bring any injured, orphaned, sick, or distressed wild bird or mammal that genuinely needs help to the Center. If we are closed, take the animal to the Humane Society Silicon Valley (open 24 hours a day for incoming animals) or call the Animal Care & Services Center to arrange for a pickup.
- Make a financial donation: Make sure WCSV has the funds to thrive in the future.
- Volunteer your time: We have many different opportunities including Wildlife Center and homecare volunteers, educational outreach team, board member, newsletter team, data entry, public relations expert, legal advisor, event planning, and more.
- Remember us in your will, living trust, or other estate plans.
- Donate items on our wishlist or your professional services for our special projects and ongoing activities.
- Tell your City and County leaders how much you appreciate us and the valuable work we do. Encourage them to continue funding us through fees for services contracts at the minimal level we request each year.
- Write a letter to the editor of a local newspaper or magazine describing your positive experiences with WCSV.
- Donate a vehicle: Want to get that old car out of the driveway? Contact V-dac.com to donate your car, truck or RV and benefit the Wildlife Center. One phone call or web click, and that car is out of your yard! call 1-800-456-5517 or visit www.v-dac.com. Please sure to provide the Center’s ID# 139603735.
- Find us on social media, like our pages and share our posts! This helps let other people learn more about what we do. We are on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Join our mailing list to learn about upcoming events, ways to help and interesting news.
- Tell EVERYONE you meet about the important work we do and share your newsletters with friends and family.